Friday, January 15, 2010

starting the prototype

With some of these sketches to the left, a second material such as frosted glass would be added to serve as light bulb shrouds. So, visible bulbs would later be covered as to lessen some of the light's harshness.

Since I didn't want to rely on glass so much with my project, I opted for the lower right-hand design. In class yesterday, application of the heat gun was quite successful in getting the appropriate curves in the wood. Relatively quick and easy, the heat gun method was a blessing for constructing my lamp prototype.

However, getting identical results from the heat gun for 6 pieces seems highly unlikely and I'll probably need to construct my final model using the vacuum bag. As for the prototype, I'll need to spend hours finishing it up with more heat application, hot glue, and sanding. Pics of it should be posted by Monday night!

G

No comments:

Post a Comment