Saturday, January 23, 2010

Prototype and augmented design



I think my first model came out pretty well but it also helped me spot a problem with it. From the front or back view, the light bulb is blocked. When turned, the curves of the wood pieces aren't extreme enough to keep the bulb covered. For the schematic, I increased the curve just enough so that the bulb is only visible from the top and the bottom.
As for the color of the lighting, I might just opt for an LED light bulb that has several different color settings. If not, I may just purchase some of the colored plastic sheets, cut and curl them, slip one over a standard bulb at a time, and switch out for different moods.

Next post will cover some of my mold progress. Hopefully I'll be able to finish or get near to finishing it tomorrow.

G

No comments:

Post a Comment