Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Metals Already?

Image presentations are tomorrow and here are a few pics that I've found interesting:
^Reel Light by Guy Brown
This one is pretty simplistic and would work well with the available materials in class. I'd have to transform it into a wall fixture and switch up the light bulb to something not as harsh, but I like the extension cord utility of it all.
^These are pretty simple as well but provide a nice mood. Layering of perpendicular bars could possibly recreate this look.
^Ogle Pendant Lamp by Form Us With Love
Clean design and useful at directing light. This would provide a challenge in creating this general form using only 1/8" rods.

^Pendant Light by Dan Black & Martin Blum
Awesome shape and structure. It would require a lot of the available material and cutting, but it would really build upon the aesthetic appeal if I made my lamp with this image in mind.

G

No comments:

Post a Comment